McDANIEL & ANDERSON, L.L.P. have handled claims and lawsuits involving various types of construction defect claims, including the following:
- Inadequate expansion joints in driveway.
- Inadequate or improperly spaced anchor bolts.
- Improperly blocked rafters.
- Improperly notched rafters.
- Omitted hurricane clips.
- Improper roof felt application.
- Improper shingle nailing pattern.
- Improper installation of roofing insulation boards.
- Improper fastening of roofing insulation boards.
- Improper clamping of roof drains.
- Inadequate back wrapping of EIFS mesh.
- Absence of head and sill flashing.
- Improper attachment of EIFS insulation board.
- Absence of EIFS expansion joints.
- Application of EIFS finish coat into caulk joint spaces.
- Failure to caulk wall penetrations.
- Improper sizing of EIFS caulk joint spaces.
- Absence of flashing and end dams in store front glazing.
- Absence of fire-rated glazing required by location of adjacent building.
- Absence of fire-rated glazing on interior doors.
- Improper doors and glazing between garage and interior of house.
- Absence of through-wall flashing to masonry veneer.
- Improper location of weep holes.
- Improper and excessive mortar joints, inadequate air gap.
- Improper location of penetrations in light gage steel.
- Omission of web stiffeners in light gage steel.
- Improper stairway riser height variations.
- Improper stairwell railings.
- Improper location of lighting for stairwells.
- Inadequate rafter support for masonry chimney veneer on top of framed roof.
- Failure to install drain pain under water heater.
- Inadequate anchoring of certain wall sill plates.
- Inadequate anchoring of sheer walls.
- Untempered glass at hazardous locations.
- Improper location of exterior stair light switch.
- Improperly sized excess opening.
- Improper spacing of load-bearing piers.
- Inadequate sized joists for live loads.
- Inadequate bracing of roof trusses during truss installation.
- Inadequate barricades for elevated masonry work.
- Improper assembly of stringers for scaffold jacks.
- Improperly sized seals for water closets.
- Failure to install GFCI devices at hazardous areas.
- Electrical Code violations causing explosions, fire, property damage and death.
McDANIEL & ANDERSON, L.L.P. has experience with the following:
- N. C. Building Code.
- General conditions.
- Special conditions.
- Plan sheets.
- Shop drawings.
- Change orders.
- Builders’ Risk Coverage.
- Bond claims.
- Commercial General Liability coverage.
- Additional Insured coverage.
- OSHA regulations.
- Various NFPA rules.
- Various NEC rules.
McDANIEL & ANDERSON, L.L.P.construction litigation hashandled cases involving moisture problems and other alleged construction defects in over 100 houses, condos, apartments, institutional and commercial buildings.
McDANIEL & ANDERSON, L.L.P. is presently defending a contractor in the pending West Pharmaceutical Services Kinston Plant explosion and fire lawsuit.
Back to the Top