MUNICIPAL LAW PRACTICE
Mr. Anderson has served as Town Attorney for the Town of Garner, North Carolina, a suburban community in Wake County. by renewed annual appointments for the approximately 18 years, and has handled a broad range of legal matters for that client. Bill Anderson has also represented other municipalities in lawsuits involving personal injuries, wrongful death occurring during a police high speed chase, Section 1983 civil rights violations, malicious prosecution, and a slip and fall injury on a sidewalk or parking area. He has lectured on North Carolina Land Use Law, and has served as a Director for the North Carolina Municipal Attorneys Association.
John Kirby and Jack Lloyd have assisted Bill Anderson in researching and analyzing various municipal law matters.
McDANIEL & ANDERSON , L.L.P.’s experience in municipal matters includes the following areas:
- lawsuits to collect unpaid assessments
- building code issues
- charter revisions
- governmental procedures
- governmental contracting
- land acquisition, easements and fee simple, by purchase
- land acquisition by condemnation
- conditional use/special use permits
- lawsuits against contractors
- negotiation and preparation of development agreements
- defending municipalities in lawsuits
- defending land use appeals
- inverse condemnation
- representation of municipality at the General Assembly
- closed session/public records law
- personnel grievances and terminations
- land use ordinance enforcement lawsuits
See representative lawsuits defending municipalities in CIVIL LITIGATION PRACTICE.